I purchased a 2012 KIA Soento SX from a KIA dealer in Lincolnwood, Illinois in November 2011. Last night I was driving after a road trip and noticed that my passenger rear tire was losing pressure. I could not make it into service before they closed, so I made an appt for the morning to repair my tire. Unfortunately as I was driving the tire was getting flatter and I had to keep stopping to put air in it. I stopped by 2 stores, Firestone and Just Tires, to try and fix it. They told me they could not because I was missing the special wheel lock that unlocks the wheel to change it.

I called the dealership where I bought the car and told them I would come by to get the wheel lock that was NEVER put in my car when I bought it. When I got there, some guys came out and looked and couldn't find it either. They said someone must have forgot to put it in when we purchased it. By this time it was 8:35pm, they could not find an extra wheel lock to give us to go somewhere else so we could have our tire changed, plus we were running out if time to go elsewhere to have our tire changed.

The one guy that was assisting us went and told the manger that there was a problem, and told him the situation. The manager said, "Service is closed, this is sales". We told him we had an appt in the the morning. He said since we don't have the wheel lock they will probably have to cut the screws to take the wheel off. We are talking about a brand new 2012 KIA! He is suggesting that they might CUT THE SCREW TO TAKE THE WHEEL OFF!!

Instead of sitting at his desk, smacking his gum, and flirting with some lady about who is dating whom, I believe he should have at least GOT UP, apologized for his dealership mistake of not putting the wheel lock IN the car when they sold it to us, and offered to let us keep our car there for the night, and given us a loaner vehicle to get home, as it was raining and i had my six year old child with me.

When I asked him if I could speak to the manager, he said, "I am the manager" When I asked "Who is above you?" he answered. "No one." My husband said very loudly and sarcastically "NICE BUSINESS". The manager and his lady friend were rolling their eyes at us.

If this is the way KIA thinks it should treat it's customers, I will do my business elsewhere. For a store manager to behave this way is inexcusable. Perhaps Grosssinger is not aware that this is occurring, and if not, I think their company needs to do some reeducating of it's employees on how to run a business.

Thank God I was in the city when this occurred so I was able to continually stop and add air. For if I had been stranded, in the rain, with my 6 year old, on the highway with a flat and no wheel locks to change my tire, it would have been a disaster!

Now we are concerned with what else may be missing with this car. I don't feel safe with this car. Is this the kind of service I can expect from KIA? Or is this a Grossinger service issue? I am also notifying KIA directly so they are aware of how they are being represented.

I am appalled that the Lincolndwood KIA sold us a 2012 KIA Sorento with out wheel locks, and when we came after service was closed the MANAGER send us away in the rain, with a child, and a flat without offering us a loaner vehicle to make sure we were safe. This is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!

Side note...... I spoke with KIA directly this morning about the "warranty" and "roadside assistance".

I was informed that this IS KIA's assistance policy. I said, "Your warranty/roadside assistance policy is to bring me to a dealer and then LEAVE me there? How am I supposed to get home? I had a small child and it is raining." I was told that the only thing they can do is take to to the dealer? I told her I drove myself to the dealer, and the sales dept was open! And they still couldn't give me a wheel lock for my car or o loaner! This is ridiculous!!!

I have owned a Toyota, Honda, Mariner and Ford and never had any trouble with something like this.

BUYER BEWARE........THE piece of mind assurance business is a bunch of garbage!

DON'T BUY A KIA.

Had an Experience with Grossinger KIA?

Comments

Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States #996347

This dealership is dishonest,I am looking into filing complaint with BBB and criminal charges for falsifying documents.

FYI.....it has been over a week and Grossinger KIA has yet to send me my wheel locks!!!!